Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can Linux And Windows Xp Be Installed On One Hard Disk

Writen by George Chamoun

If you have used Windows based operating systems that is installed in your computer, you may not have used Linux. Linux is another operating system that you can install on your home computer.

If you are interested in learning Linux, there are different ways. You can get books and read them, you can get a telnet shell account to run some commands, you can take classes, or you can install it on your own home computer.

I tried all of them, and I found out the best way to learn Linux is install it on you home computer, get a Linux book, and learn it by doing it following the books and trying to run commands on your own.

Suppose you decide to learn Linux and want to install it on you own home computer. The question that most people ask is: What do I do with the Windows operating system that is already installed on your computer.

Most computer users who want to learn Linux are already using Windows XP, Win 2000, or other operating systems.

The most common questions is:

Do I have to get rid of Windows operating system to install Linux?

Do I need another computer to install Linux on it, if I need to keep Windows running on my existing computer?

The answer to the above two question is NO. You don't need to get rid of Windows operating system, and you don't need to buy another computer.

There is method you can use to install Windows and Linux on the same computer, and on the same Hard disk.

The method can be achieved by an average computer user, who can follow the step by step guide that has the instructions needed for the task. This is what I did myself.

I followed the necessary steps to install Windows XP and Linux, I applied each step in order, and ended up with computer that has two operating systems on the same hard disk.

The guide I followed is called the dual boot guide, that I created myself after figuring out an easy way to install Windows XP and RedHat Linux on the same computer.

In summary, Windows XP users can learn Linux without loosing their Windows XP operating system. Also, you don't have to buy any new hardware.

Thanks,
George Chamoun

==================================================
I have created a guide that shows you step by step how to install Windows XP and RedHat Linux operating systems. Anyone with very basic knowledge of computers will find the guide easy to follow and implement. Save the high fees of computer technical support, and try this do-it-yourself guide to create a dual boot computer. Click this link =>http://www.DualBootGuide.com
=================================================

0 comments: